Brij Dalhousie is located in a hill station named Dalhousie in Chamba district in the North Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The town was established by the British in 1854 in the western ranges of the Himalayas at an average elevation of 1970m above sea level.
Things to know
- The nearest airport is in Pathankot (75 km) which is well connected with major cities like New Delhi or Jaipur. Pathankot is also the nearest railhead.
- The hotel is located in the mountains and winters can get severe, while summers are warm. It is best to check the weather to pack appropriately.
- This is not a full-service hotel, the charm of the place is amplified by the warm staff who go out of their way to serve their guests.
- The property exudes seclusion and is perfect for nature lovers.
- Best for families; children are welcome. Food can be customized according to their needs.
Rooms & Suites
Brij Villa is a Victorian-style stone and wood abode surrounded by mountains and pine trees and features simple and comfortable rooms in one of the best locations that Dalhousie offers. The heritage resort has two categories of rooms – Classic Rooms and Imperial Rooms. The rooms have a subtle touch of vintage and offer contemporary amenities. The classic rooms enjoy panoramic views of the mountains beyond, while the Imperial rooms feature Colonial charm with vintage motifs.
Restaurants & Bars
The resort has a restaurant named Cedar that offers both indoor and outdoor seating so guests can enjoy the wonderful views. The restaurant offers vegetarian and non-vegetarian Indian, Continental, and local classics. Food is customized according to guest preferences. The resort does not have a bar.
Spa & Wellness
The resort does not have a spa or a wellness center.
The emphasis here is definitely to relax and enjoy the natural settings and the mountains that surround the Brij Villa. Guests can opt for relaxing walks, a drive around the quaint town, or snuggling around a bonfire in the evening.