Brij Lakshman Sagar is strategically located in the centre of Rajasthan’s tourism circuit in the Marwar-Mewar region. It is located around two hours from Ajmer and two and a half hours from Jodhpur.
Brij Lakshman Sagar
Things to know
- The nearest airports are Jodhpur Airport (38km), Maharana Pratap Airport, Udaipur (88km), and Jaipur International airport (170km).
- The following activities are included in the tariff: Pottery, Canoeing, Breakfast at the Fields, Nature Walk, and Bird Watching, Spice Mixing Workshop, Local Tobacco Tasting, Tree Planting, Sundowner on the Rocks, Peacock Sundowner at Zanana, Evening Bonfire, and Dinner by the Lake
- Guests are encouraged to slow down the pace and savour life and offer several well-thought-out activities to inspire guests: from early morning yoga sessions to relaxed afternoon massages and canoeing in the lake to making eco-friendly bookmarks.
- Best suited for couples, experiential travellers, nature lovers, travellers seeking the ‘slow life’.
- The rocky landscape and uneven terrain may pose a challenge to those who may have mobility issues; the property is not wheelchair accessible.
- The property is closed through the summer months of May, June, and July.
Rooms & Suites
The cottages are luxuriously expansive and cleverly combine modern conveniences like air-conditioning, coffee machines, and even a built-in fireplace. The décor is quintessentially Rajasthani – bright, colorful, and vibrant, a stark contrast to the earthy mud walls of the cottage. Each standalone cottage exudes privacy and also features a private plunge pool with a deck.
Restaurants & Bars
The traditional meals at Brij Lakshman Sagar are fresh and full of regional flavors. All meals are pre-plated in beautiful thalis with an assortment of north Indian cuisine which can be customized according to guest preferences. It’s not just the food that’s inspiring but also the bespoke dining in distinctive locations: on the open-air terrace, in the privacy of the cottage, or at the Zanana dining room.
Spa & Wellness
Relaxing head and foot massages and morning Yoga sessions are offered to guests to turn down the pace. Dips in the gorgeous rock-cut pool heated by the sun is highly recommended. The pool sits right above the lake and is a great place to lounge or get a relaxing massage.
There are just so many experiences on offer at the Brij Lakshman Sagar. Guests get to experience village life where they can eat breakfast like a local, organized at a nearby field; enjoy a session of traditional vegetable pickling; go on horseback for a guided tour of the local village; or get invited to a farmer’s hut and help the host churn butter.
Back at the lodge, guests have the opportunity to go on naturalist-led nature walks in the mornings and evenings. There are a host of mindfulness activities like pottery making, flying kites, and canoeing. Evening entertainment includes peacock sundowner at the Zanana, evening bonfire and dinner by the lake, and local liquor and tobacco tastings.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
Brij Lakshman Sagar has championed community-centered tourism and has a special place in its heart for habitat restoration and wildlife conservation. In an attempt to help protect habitats and uplift and empower local communities to preserve their cultural heritage, the properties have a ‘zero-kilometer’ concept. The concept ensures the use of locally sourced materials and design in terms of architecture, while home-grown or locally sourced ingredients and traditional recipes are featured in the cuisine offered. Due to the hotel’s conservation efforts, the once-non-existent lake beside the property was revived and wildlife has returned back to the area.