Hampi is an ancient town in the Vijayanagara district located along the Tungabhadra river in the South Indian state of Karnataka.
Evolve Back Kamalapura Palace
Things to know
- The nearest airports to Hampi are Bangalore (340km), Hubli (198km), and Hampi (Vidyanagar 29km). Travelers also have the option to drive or take a train from Bangalore.
- Evolve Back Hampi has introduced 80-minute helicopter transfers from Bangalore – Hampi – Bangalore.
- Evolve Back, Hampi is located just 4km away from the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hampi.
- The hotel has specially designed room for differently-abled guests and also offer a special discount and complimentary in-room dining.
- Evolve Back offers specially designed itineraries combining two or all the Evolve Back resorts.
- Hampi sprawls over 25 km and the best way to take it all in is by walks and hikes through the boulder-strewn landscape; it is highly recommended to pack a pair of trainers.
- Other facilities and experiences includes : two lounge rooms with one exclusively meant as a reading space and the other lit by the soft lights of earthen lamps and an activity center with indoor games and traditional board games. The hotel has electrically powered bikes to explore the surreal landscape of Hampi.
- Children are welcome. There is also an activity center and a family pool for young guests. Best for travelers who love India’s rich culture, heritage, and its architectural wonders.
Rooms & Suites
The grand suites of the Kamalapura Palace are divided into four categories. The Jal Mahal is at its luxurious best with a private pool, separate living and sleeping areas, a private deck, and open courtyards perfect for honeymooners and couples celebrating a special occasion. Romantic dinners can be set up on the private deck overlooking the pool. The Zenana is the next category which is inspired by the Queen’s quarters and epitomizes luxury in a period setting. The Zenana, Nilaya, and Nivasa suites come with separate living and sleeping areas, a private balcony, and even a shallow Water-jet Pool in the en-suite bathroom the Zenana suites are larger in size when compared to Nilaya followed by the Nivasa suite.
Restaurants & Bars
The Evolve Back Kamalapura Palace offers a wonderful choice of restaurants that can satisfy the most demanding palate. ‘Tuluva’, the multi-cuisine restaurant named after the most notable and cosmopolitan dynasty of the Vijayanagara Empire, overlooks the infinity pool and offers global and Indian classics. The specialty restaurant, ‘Bahamani’ named after the rival neighbor to the north of the Vijayanagara Empire is open for dinner and serves regional as well as Deccani cuisine of India which was an amalgam of Persian and Indian influences. There are also distinctive locations where indulgent dinners are crafted to celebrate special occasions: under the stars by your private pool or in a mandapa (designed like a temple porch) overlooking the infinity pool and lotus pond.
Spa & Wellness
The hotel has a spa known as Vaidyashala which offers Ayurvedic healing and rejuvenating therapies in its two large treatment rooms. The hotel also houses two Olympic-sized infinity pool. An exclusive pool for over-16s/adults which has been designed like an ancient pushkarni or temple tank typical of the Vijayanagara Empire. The second pool is a family pool located near the children’s play area.
The hotel offers thoughtfully fashioned walks, treks, and visits to Hampi’s striking monuments, stunning temples and surreal landscapes to engage their guests in the history, mythology, and political life of the last great empire of South India. While some of the thematic walks in the vicinity of the UNESCO World Heritage Site are offered in the mornings, others are offered in the evenings and usually last around 3 hours. The in-house activities include Nature Trail and Story Corner with the historian who brings the history of the Vijayanagara empire alive through fascinating stories.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
Evolve Back’s business model is built around the concept of ‘Responsible Tourism’ and the belief in employing the best environmental and ecological practices in technology, equipment, and operational processes. The Evolve Back properties are built to leave the smallest ecological footprint and operate on a ‘high value – low volume’ model, providing authentic local experiences to guests while engaging extensively with the local community.
Evolve Back Luxury Resorts ensures meaningful and lasting benefits for the natural environment and communities that surround its operations. The group’s mission is to provide exquisite holiday experiences while preserving the purity of nature and the culture of the land. This philosophy is enshrined in their tagline ‘Spirit of the land’.