Evolve Back Coorg is located on the eastern slopes of the Western Ghats in Coorg, India’s most sought-after hill station. The dominant Kodava community with their distinct ethnic identity adds a touch of romance and exclusivity to the region
Evolve Back Chikkana Halli Estate
Things to know
- The nearest airports are Bangalore (235 km), Mysore (100 km), Mangalore (195 km), and Kannur (75 km). Coorg is also accessible by road from Bangalore and Mysore.
- Evolve Back Coorg has introduced 50-minute helicopter transfers from Bangalore – Coorg – Bangalore.
- Coorg, a quaint hill district in Southern India has large tracts of land under coffee cultivation and is often described as ‘The Coffee Cup of India’ and ‘The Scotland of India’.
- The hotel has specially designed room for differently-abled guests and also offer a special discount and complimentary in-room dining.
- Evolve Back offers specially designed itineraries combining two or all the Evolve Back resorts.
- Temperature control in the pools housed in the cottages is deactivated during the summer months (Apr-May)
- Other facilities and experiences include a reading lounge, electrically powered bikes to explore the trails in the company of the in-house naturalist as well as a one-of-a-kind coffee museum that showcases the history of coffee cultivation and its journey from seed to cup. ‘Coffeeology’ is a daily live session on the art and science of gourmet coffee.
Rooms & Suites
The 300-acre property has 63 cottages and villas in different sizes and five different formats that dot the verdant plantation. They are designed in Kodava architecture with Mangalore-tile roofs, traditional terracotta flooring, and walls made from laterite stone. All villas come with a deck and a pool, and all of them are temperature controlled except in the case of the base category. The Lilly Pool Bungalows house two rooms and are perfect for a large family while all other villas are based on double occupancy. The Heritage Pool villa is a large villa that boasts of two beautiful sit-outs with planters’ chairs, a courtyard, and a personal temperature controlled swimming pool with deck chairs.
Restaurants & Bars
The resort has three restaurants and a host of personalized dining experiences at varied locations. ‘The Granary’ offers abundant buffets and also serves, Continental, Indian and local Kodava fare. ‘Peppercorn’, located by the private lake is a specialty restaurant that serves succulent kebabs and grills. Nestled in the coffee and spice plantation, is ‘The Plantain Leaf’ a vegetarian-only restaurant that serves the best of North Indian and South Indian vegetarian specialties. The resort offers a plethora of bespoke dining experiences to celebrate special occasions at various locations: by the poolside in your own Kodava style Private Pool Villa, at the Infinity Pool deck by the lake, an elevated dining experience for two on an elevated machan in the midst of tree canopies.
Spa & Wellness
The hotel has a spa known as Vaidyashala which offers Ayurvedic healing and rejuvenating therapies delivered by expert masseurs and masseuses. On offer are herbal baths, oil massages, and age retardation therapies under the expert guidance of knowledgeable and proficient physicians who prescribe a customised regimen to suit the guest’s constitution.
The resort also houses two infinity pools. An over-16/adults-only infinity pool overlooking the Dubare Forest and a second communal pool with child-safe zones set in the lap of nature.
There are several outdoor experiences that include plantation trails on 4X4 or guided walking tours of the 300-acre working spice and coffee plantation. Birdwatching tours with resident naturalists and a coracle ride on the mighty Cauvery river is also on offer.
Guests are encouraged to explore curated trails on electric bicycles and join the plantation workers in seasonal estate activities. A coffee museum showcases the history of coffee cultivation and its journey from seed to cup and hosts a daily session on the art and science of gourmet coffee.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
Evolve Back’s business model is built around the concept of ‘Responsible Tourism’ and the belief in employing the best environmental and ecological practices in technology, equipment, and operational processes. The Evolve Back properties are built to leave the smallest ecological footprint and operate on a ‘high value – low volume’ model, providing authentic local experiences to guests while engaging extensively with the local community.
Evolve Back Luxury Resorts ensures meaningful and lasting benefits for the natural environment and communities that surround its operations. The group’s mission is to provide exquisite holiday experiences while preserving the purity of nature and the culture of the land. This philosophy is enshrined in their tagline ‘Spirit of the land’.